[ale] [Fwd: Linux]

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 13 09:14:27 EDT 1998

--------------8D0B4BA43B607F3F20565363

--
What Do You Want To Spend Today?                 Andrew Newton
Linux, FREE for an unlimited time!              lfs at eskimo.com
www.debian.org/social_contract.html        www.eskimo.com/~lfs
--------------8D0B4BA43B607F3F20565363

 From: "Tiger" <yfouad at email.msn.com>
To: <lfs at eskimo.com>
Subject: Linux
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:57:26 -0400

Hello Andrew,
My name is Yousef, and I live in Atlanta; I been interested in the last year
to get linux on my system instead of that windows 95/98; That is also the
case for my roommate. Its been frustrating that their is not much help about
it. I have successfully installed the system once or twice before but could
not install the SVGA drivers for my monitor; fortunately I have installed it
again about 3 days ago. I am having problem recognizing my Shark modem. To
the best of my memory I sat the COM to 2 while I was installing linux. when
I start X windows and execute seyon. it comes back with a message the modem
is not their. I'm not sure about how to do this and the 3 books I got + the
man files I was able to see did not help much also how I can uncompress a
*.gz file is it like zip under dos?

any help or suggestion would be appreciated..

Thanks much

Yousef Fouad
770-649-0906
yfouad at email.msn.com