[ale] "Purify" and "Visual Quantify" for Linux?

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Fri Jul 3 05:47:45 EDT 1998

You aren't going to find a 'Visual Quantify' equivalent, but in 'Linux
Application Developmnt' (a book by Michael K. Johnson & Erik W. Troan)
they discuss these types of programs - namely the program 'Checker'
for finding memory leans seems to be a nice equivalent to Purify (a
heap debugger)

As for 'Quantify' there are text based profiling tools - mainly
gprof.  It isn't going to be as snazzy as these Insure products, but
they work.

-Eric.