[ale] RH Print Filter Problem

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Mon Jan 12 12:01:55 EST 1998

John M. Mills wrote:

> Hello --
> I have not gotten RH's 'magic filter' to work right with my Canon cbj620
> printer.  A patched old-style filter properly invokes 'gs', but I don't
> know the various control sequences to control ASCII modes so I have
> problems there.  Has anyone been using this or a similar printer
> successfully under RH 4.2, 'gs', and for ASCII printouts?

I've got a bjc600e that works fine.  I'm not sure how close the 620 and
600e are.  I'll be glad to forward whatever you think might help you get
it going, (printcap, filter..)  Let me know.

I couldn't get magic filter to work either, but I'm able to print from
netscape, applixware, xterm and so on.

Until later: Geoffrey		geof at abraxis.com

NT is secure.... as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.