[ale] Can't locate net-pf-4 and net-pf-5 modules

Ben Coleman bcoleman at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 6 14:31:53 EST 1998

After recompiling the kernel to add PPP, I've noticed that on boot-up I'm
seeing the messages 'modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-4' and the same
for net-pf-5 when TCP/IP is started up.  IP seems to work OK, but I'm
wondering what's causing this.  I did some grepping around the source
tree, but couldn't find any references to net-pf-*.  I _did_ clear out the
old modules and did 'make modules' and 'make modules_install', so I figure
it's some kind of configuration problem on my end.  Ideas anyone?

Ben
--
Ben Coleman NJ8J                     | The attempt to legislatively
Internet: bcoleman at mindspring.com    | micromanage equality results, at