[ale] X in 16 or 32bpp?

Dave spork at 777.net
Thu Feb 5 21:57:38 EST 1998

Could be alot of things that PROHIBIT your video card from hitting that
resolution.  For instance, I have a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 4mb card.
(blech, s3 virge, but it does its job)  In w'hindoze 95, I can get 32bpp @
1152x958 (or whatever it is).  In linux, the s3_ViRGE server just hasnt
been developed yet to the point where it will hit 32bpp.  So, you may want
to check on the development of the particular server you use, it may be
still under development.

-Dave