[ale] X windows

Matt Shade mshade at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 5 19:33:52 EST 1998

Two different things you're looking for here. The first file depends on the
window manager you are using. You may have a file in your home directory
called .fvwmrc or .mwmrc or something else. Usually, it's
.<window_manager>rc. If the file doesn't exist there, it may be using the
default rc file found in the directory for the window manager. Can probably
find it in the man pages for the window manager.

The second question, dealing with starting X on bootup, deals with the
inittab file. You can change the default run level from 3 to 4 (usually the
run level for X). Another check of the man pages will help you out there.

Mofid Francis wrote:

> Where is the xwindows file, that is executed upon start up, like to make
> the windows different sizes with different fonts and etc.  I edited the
> .Xdefaults in root directory but nothing. I am trying to change the
> background color for the wall paper and if possible i wanted to have x
> windows always booted when the system is booting.

Matt