[ale] What to do w/kernel.rpm

Laith Elias Haddadin lodi at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 5 03:14:54 EST 1998

Hey, how goes it?

I think the best way to do this would be to unpack the rpm with glint or
command-line (rpm -i kernel-2_0_32-2_src.rpm; it's in man rpm).
Afterwards, the source tree should be in /usr/src/linux/. From there,
follow Linus's directions.
I'm not sure of this, but I think the only deal with the rpm, is that it
contains the source and dir info.
Like I said I'm sure, and others could be more confident on this, but it's
late and thought you'd like a response tonight.

Good luck,
Ezra