[ale] SCSI

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 2 07:48:47 EST 1998

At 04:34 PM 2/1/98 GMT, you wrote:

>In fact, we sometimes sabatoge our training box in this way so that people
>learning how to install our systems quickly learn to recognize this
>common kind of error...
>
>-Eric.

Eric;

Please understand that I was not getting an error.  The kernel was picking
up the devices perfectly.  I just had to figure out how to use mknod to
write the device files in the /dev directory.

Its working just fine here.

Your point about setting up training scenarios is a good one to familiarize
the techs with the various problems they will come up against.  I may try a
few here... ;-).

Regards - Bob