[ale] [backups]

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 15 08:55:11 EDT 1998

I'm looking into buying a backup device for my PC hardware. Looking for
something in the 2 to 4 gig range. I don't care if its compressed or not.
I would an IDE interface if possible as I have herad that there is some support
for that now in the latest version of things like ftape. Any success stories
would be greatly appreciated. I know that I could go scsi but I'm avoiding that
so I don't have to put a scsi card in this particular machine.

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth."