[ale] modem advice wanted

Linux Idiot esoteric at atlnet.com
Fri Apr 10 22:22:33 EDT 1998

I've got a USR 56K as well and I've been very pleased with it.
Originally I had a 28.8, modem. I was able to upgrade it to 33.6 via a
chip (eprom??) USR sent me.  I then requested an X2 upgrade and they
sent me a brand new modem ($50) and a label to ship my 33.6 back.  I've
been very pleased with it.  I recently bought a low end k56 flex modem
called hyper modem.  I bought it mainly because it is a
voice/speakerphone.  I got it for $50 bucks, but have not had any
experience with it as of yet.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at atlnet.com

NT is secure.... as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.
Want to speed up your NT box real cheap?  Replace NT with Linux...