[ale] redhat linux 5.0, pppd and minicom

Willaim J. Smith prcwjs at langate.gsu.edu
Fri Apr 10 20:53:36 EDT 1998

HELP!
I just recently obtained my first copy of linux via a linux for dummies
guide.  I am interested in possibly using linux to configure a web
server for a local highschool.  After installing the redhat 5.0 version
that came with the dummies guide and following the instructions to
establish a ppp conection, it returned a message stating that the kernel
did not support a ppp connection.  I have not recompiled the kernel for
this machine.  I just tried to log onto my ISP and use Lynx.  Could
someone please give me some guidance in the form of instructions,
reference material(s) I should obtain, etc.
thank you in advance,
WJ Smith