[ale] Something listening on a socket?

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Sun Sep 21 20:06:22 EDT 1997

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Robert L Harris wrote:
>
> > This did exactly what I needed.
>
> Based on the speed of your response, it sounds like you already figured
> this out.

Yup.

> > This is true.  I just prefer linux to bsdi.
>
> As do I; I just didn't want people to get the impression that BSDI was to
> blame for the incident, a possibility which your original post left open.
> No need to badmouth them when we're already kicking their butt so handily.

No, I didn't mean to come across that way.  I just found some things lacking
in BSDi, like no /proc.  I did talk to one of the admins and the owner
has blessed putting in a Linux box to test/play with.

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: