[ale] Networking and Samba

Josh Murrah jmurrah at spaceghost.salug.org
Sun Sep 14 12:46:29 EDT 1997

Jeff,

     This is totally OK.  Samba (I'm not good enough with the software to
understand the reason why) doesn't do browsing unless you set your WINS
server to your Linux box.  I've never bothered setting up my Linux as a
master browser in this manner, but read the file BROWSE.txt that came with
your Samba documentation for more information about doing this.

Hope that helps,

Joshua Murrah, jmurrah at salug.org, http://www.salug.org/~jmurrah
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.