[ale] Linux Locks Up

Tucker Balch tucker at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 29 16:44:10 EST 1997

Is it really just x-windows that locks up?  If so, you can exit x-windows
to your machine and kill X.  Now as to why X is locking
up, my guess is you are using an old Netscape browser.

--Tucker

Tonya M. Marzo-Paschal said this:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the 4.1 Red Hat version of Linux and also running the Apache
> server.  After logging on as root I go to x-windows and that is where
> I like to keep my system.  The problem is that my system has been
> "locking" up on a routine basis (every other day) and I have to reboot.
> I can never run linux longer than 3 days in a row with out a failure as
> described.  I have heard from other user groups that Linux should be
> able to run consistenly for 90 days or more.  Any suggestions?
>
> T. Paschal
> Solutions Networks
> solutions at synnergy.com

Tucker Balch                                            home (404) 874-9129
Mobile Robot Laboratory, Georgia Tech               . office (404) 894-9311
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tucker                         fax (404) 894-9846