[ale] Switches

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Sat Oct 25 14:21:13 EDT 1997

Hi ALE:

I have a question.  I have a customer that has 8 SCO servers and; yes,
one Linux server (we plan to move them all to Linux).  They have 2
networds, one which connects the servers, and another on which about 50
X-Terminals operate.  We wrote and installed a X-Application that
replaced their character based app.  Traffic on the X network as gotten
heaver and we want to install a swith to segment that network.  Any
recommendations on the best product for the dollar?  By the way, the
network is 10mbps with no immediate plans to change.  We are looking to
spend a maximum of $3000.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--
Oakwood, GA 30566 USA
770.965.9294