[ale] ISDN

robbie at tomservo.mindspring.com robbie at tomservo.mindspring.com
Tue Oct 14 12:15:05 EDT 1997

In our previous episode, Chris Farris was heard to say:
 (re: Comstar ISDN)

> That price seems competitive w/ other ISP's. And I don't believe the
> Tariff exists on PRI lines (23 some odd B channels). Therefore no one is
> paying the tariff.

PRIs can be provisioned in several ways, one of which is flat rate.
This costs more than metered PRIs do (for obvious reasons).

> I've worked w/ Comstar, and I know these guys are good.

Ditto. I've worked with them (before and after they formed Comstar)
and they're good.

> As for hardware I'd go w/ the Spellcaster DataCommute ISDN card. I use
> it and love it. Brings up the connection very fast, and the two B
> channels are independent.

Ditto. Having each B channel as a separate device is _nice_.

Robbie

--
Robbie Honerkamp
robbie at shorty.com  http://www.shorty.com/~robbie/