[ale] How to protect a link?

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Sat Oct 11 18:52:19 EDT 1997

  I'm trying to use the same bookmarks file in dos and linux.  I remove
my bookmarks file in Linux (/home/nomad/.netscape/bookmarks.html) and
link it to my dos bookmarks file:

ln -s /scsi2/apps/netscape/Bookmark.htm /home/nomad/.netscape/bookmarks.html

This works fine.  I can start netscape from linux and it reads my bookmarks
file.  When I exit netscape, it removes the link and creates a flatfile.
I can't do a hard link because it's across devices (different drives).  I
can create a wrapper to manually do some linking and copying to work as a
fix, but that's a real cludge and ugly.  Anyone have any ideas?

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: