[ale] [Fwd: End of the line for Alpha?]

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Tue Oct 7 14:02:34 EDT 1997

Digital has a LOT of investment in the Alpha. If they throw away the
alpha chip, there are no more Digital servers, no more Digital Unix.
That is, unless they are getting out of the general computing business
altogether (who knows?)  I wouldn't be TOO hasty to judge.  It is a
rumour, abliet a well PUBLICIZED rumour.

-Eric.