[ale] IP-Forwarding

Jay Munsterman jmunster at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 6 10:33:29 EDT 1997

Hey,
I think there is a compile option to enable icmp forwarding. Did you enable
it? Do other packets make it out?
On the script, it doesn't seem to reference the fifo. I am using the script
that came in the distribution, and at first glance, I think that is the
major difference and possibly the problem. Also, did you recompile with
slip support? I found that if it was a loadable module, diald would fail
before the mod was loaded. Their script also feeds some preliminary info
to dctrl.
Later
jay

On 06-Oct-97 Robert L Harris was heard to have said:
|>Ok,
|>  Any idea why I can't ping outside my firewall?  Also, my diald isn't
|>dialing.  I'm using the rpm package from redhat.  Here's my diald.conf

<-BIG Snip!->

E-Mail: Jay Munsterman<jmunster at mindspring.com>