[ale] TCP/HTTP test / benchmark tools?

Curtis Smith csmith at netchannel.net
Mon Nov 17 17:54:17 EST 1997

Hi Linux'ers,

I got myself into more than one jam of late.

I've got a Web server and ftp server that I need to characterize TCP
characteristics during
busy hour.  I.E.  round trip delay,  performances etc.

I'm suspecting that our Netscape Enterprise proxy server, or HTTPD and
our ftp box may be
slowing down, dropping TCP packets, TCP circuit set-ups taking too long
etc.

This all being possible since the systems are Solaris 2.5.1 on
UltraSparc and too little RAM in
all boxes...   ;^{   Very sad situation.

I thought I saw "tcptest" or "webtest" in the tcp-ip news group.   But
altavista / dejanews found no
hits on tcp testing etc.  Which I can't believe.  I _have_ seen postings
in this subject....  Grrrrr.

Thanks yet again, for any tit-bits of knowledge.

Cheers,

curt

Curt Smith
NetChannel