[ale] Sharing dumb terminal display

Brad Dixon bdixon at panda.gtri.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 3 09:59:51 EST 1997

Hello,

I'm considering getting a vt100 dumb terminal for use as some extra
display space for textual information. I'm aware that I can use the
terminal's keyboard to control the terminal. What I would really like to
be able to do, however, is hide it's keyboard and control it from my main
keyboard.

Is it possible to share keyboard control of the terminal tty with another
keyboard? Maybe somehow with virtual terminals?

The point of this whole endevour is I want the display space but don't
really want another keyboard cluttering the area.

Brad

--
Brad Dixon
Georgia Tech Research Institute -- Atlanta, GA