[ale] Mounting CD in RH 7

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Sun Mar 16 23:40:43 EST 1997

I've got the same (or similar) problem. In my case, I wind up doing a
"modprobe ide-cd" to get the proper drivers loaded.

Sometimes it can be desktop-dependent. For example, both GNOME and KDE
have some kind of auto-triggering mechanism for when a CD gets popped in. It
hasn't been a big enough deal for me to investigate. I'm still trying to get
my sound in a decent condition, for example (CD audio .

Apparently, a lot of XDM config files changed this time around, so you
might want to take a look at what's going on there. For example, the diff
between Xaccess.rpmsave (the old one) and Xaccess (newer) revealed that the
"allow all" line (the '*' line) is now commented out by default.

you're running XDM, could it be you're not running one