[ale] boot problems?

Joshy joshuam at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 12 19:25:19 EST 1997

Has anyone had this problem with an Award BIOS?
It won't boot if only one drive is connencted and it
will only boot off of the B drive when two drives are
connected.  Using Floppy Swap will make it boot off of
the A drive but since Linux now thinks that the A drive
is the B drive it will try to load stuff from the virtual
A drive which is actually the B drive.  Either way I can't
get it to boot off of either the physical A drive or
the virt~ual A drive.  I only actually own one floppy
(I borrowed my roommates) so I can't use the dual floppy
solution anyway.  How will I ever reinstall the OS!

I thought that this was a defective motherboard so I sent it back
and got a new one from somewhere else but it has the same problem.
Is there some secret bios switch that I'm missing?

	-joshy

						Joshy - wide eyed innocent

						 a CS major who can cook