[ale] Linux sighting at SFNB

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Tue Jul 29 16:51:22 EDT 1997

}sjd wrote:
}> I asked one of the
}> employees, and apparently they needed the security & stability.
}>
}> It was Netscape 3.0 & RedHat.
}
}While people always focus on stability, perhaps the price was
}right too.  RedHat you can download for free (or just buy it
}on CD ROM once for all your machines).  Legally, Windows must
}be purchased for all those machines... which when I last
}checked the normal cost (not upgrade) is ~$170.

I would hope that a bank would make this decision on security and reliability.
I shutter when considering my bank account accessed via NT.

}
}--
}Andrew Newton
}lfs at eskimo.com
}alnewton at automatedlogic.com
}http://www.eskimo.com/~lfs
}
}
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....