[ale] mount

gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Sat Jul 26 20:45:20 EDT 1997

On 26 Jul, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Ok,
>   I'm making progress but now when I try to manually
> mount a filesystem mount core dumps on me.  I'm trying to
> find the latest version of mount.  Anyone think I'm on the
> wrong path?  I just upgraded from kernel 2.0.30 to 2.1.46...

What type of filesystem are you trying to mount?  Have you tried with
2.1.47 (46 is pretty buggy regarding filesystems, not that 47 is
perfect)?  How about a more stable 2.1.x (the filesystem code in the
current 2.1.x releases is being heavily re-done, so lots of stuff is
currently broken)?

As for mount, the Documentation/Changes file recommends at least 2.6g,
which is available from
ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux/util/mount-2.6g.tar.gz .  I believe
2.7a's out now, but AFAIK 2.6g will work for everything, so I haven't
updated that part of Changes.

later,
chris
Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu