[ale] SCSI Drives and Controllers

james pancoast jamesp at area51.homecom.com
Fri Jul 25 00:45:03 EDT 1997

	I want to put a SCSI Hard Drive in one of my Linux boxes.  For the Hard
drive, I'm considering the Seagate Cheetah 4LP, but am willing to hear
other peoples suggestions/comments on it.  Now, I've been out of town for
the past 3 weeks, and I've only heard bit's and pieces of someones saga
with his 3940UW.  I was considering a 2940UW (Adaptec, for those of you
that don't know), but am starting to think twice about it.  Does anyone out
there have any help or suggestions?  This box only runs Linux, so I only
have to worry about whether it works for Linux or not.  Any
help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mulder, could you please explain to me the scientific nature of, 'the whammy'?
Do not taunt Super Happy fun ball...
mailto:jamesp at area51.homecom.com; http://area51.homecom.com/