[ale] re: running fdisk automatically

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Wed Jul 23 23:03:25 EDT 1997

}> I tried this, and I got endless ^M's (it seemed like), the fdisk prompt
}> scrolled endlessly.
}> > <newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu> wrote:
}> > > Just put together a list of commands and use it as standard input.
}> > > echo p^Mq^M |fdisk
}> > > will work to print a partition table and quit.
}
}Well, here's what I'm using
}root at mordor~$ bash -version
}GNU bash, version 1.14.7(1)
}root at mordor~$ fdisk -v
}fdisk v2.1 (>4GB)
}root at mordor~$ /bin/echo --version
}echo - GNU sh-utils 1.12
}
}Though I usually just use the built-in shell version of echo, the other
}one worked just fine as well.

Works for me with a simple:

echo "p\nq\n" | fdisk /dev/sda

running /bin/ksh PD KSH v5.1.3 94/12/22

}
}--
}Dan Newcombe                                      newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
}"The fool who escaped from paradise will look over his shoulders and cry...So
}I'll hold my peace forever when you wear your bridal gown."   -Marillion
}
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....