[ale] goofy printing problem

Josh Murrah jmurrah at spaceghost.salug.org
Wed Jul 23 00:15:47 EDT 1997

Hi all.  First I'd like to say that this should take about 2 seconds for
somebody to answer, because I know it's GOT to be an easy problem for some
of you, but it's driving me nuts.  I'm using Slackware 3.2, and I'm trying
to get my printer configured for lpr.  I've searched through the
permissions file for lpr, the lpd.conf file, services, inetd.conf, etc.
and I can't figure waht I'm doing wrong.  Here's the error :

cannot open connection to `lp at blip.salug.org' - Connection refused

Again, sorry for lowering the intelligence a notch, and thanks in advance.

Joshua Murrah, jmurrah at salug.org, http://www.salug.org/~jmurrah
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.