[ale] Linux/Apache/LHS review in mainstream press

Robert L. Harris robert at ast.lmco.com
Fri Jul 18 15:01:49 EDT 1997

Daniel Boyd wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The July 7 issue of InfoWorld includes a comparison of web servers
> that pits RedHat Linux 4.2/Apache 1.1.3/Linux Hardware Solutions
> against AIX/ICSS/RS6000 against NT/IIS/HP NetServer LX against
> NT/Netscape Enterprise Server 3.0/Compaq ProLiant 5000.  While the
> Linux box came in last (hobbled by only a single processor compared
> with 4 for the other platforms) I feel it is another win for the
> Linux community to be tested against the heavy-weights.
>
> Dan
>
> Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
> Network Manager               Fax: 706/238-7858
> Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
> Berry College         "We are confronted with
>                        insurmountable opportunities."
>                              -Walt Kelly

Too bad no-one can get a public response up to have printed showing
the Linux on a Quad or Multi-Proc machine...  Kinda interesting
they left Linux like that...

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |   If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_    You don't understand the question

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

perl -e 'print
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'