[ale] LILO...?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Sat Jul 12 11:08:33 EDT 1997

Dave Brooks enscribed thusly:

> ALE-

> Ok, I just installed slackware 3.2.  The only problem is, that when my
> system boots, it give me a "LILO"  and thats it.  It dosent give me a
> chance to even type 'win' so i can boot to Windoze.  (in my old version
> of RedHat I got a LILO boot:  prompt, at which I could actually type).
> Is there anything in /etc/lilo.conf I can edit to change this?

	Tap either of your alt keys and you will get your prompt like
before.  Better yet, get into Linux and edit /etc/lilo.conf and add the
line "prompt" into the global section.  Then rerun lilo to install the
change.  You now have the previos behavior.

> regards
> -dave
> --
> Dave Brooks
> paranoia at trusted.net
> root at paranoia.discom.net
> --"Go Faster Jimmy!!"  "I can't Jen!  It's a GEO!"--

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/