[ale] Some Interesting news

gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 11 04:11:54 EDT 1997

On 10 Jul, Andrew Newton wrote:
> Chris Hagen, a journalist and Linux user, gave
>> I have some news you can give at ALE tonight. Corel this month will release
>> WordPerfect Suite 7 for Linux. They will be doing the sells and support now
>> instead of Caldera. They have seen a Linux market. They will also soon
>> release a Linux version of Corel Draw 7. Netscape is also going to start
>> selling the Enterprise server for Linux as well as Communicator.

That would be good news!  I seriously doubt it'll be any more than just
WP 7, as the rest of the suite has not been ported.

In the mean time, you can download WP 7 from http://www.sdcorp.com.
They're the people that do all of Corel's Unix work for them, and
they've had the Linux WP ready for maybe four months now.  They've just
been waiting for Corel to decide how / if to sell it.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu