[ale] Debugging kernel modules

Brad Dixon bdixon at r52h146.res.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 30 17:51:00 EST 1997

Hello,

I've got a possible project that is looking at writing some kernel modules
for linux. Two questions:

1) How are modules debugged? Is it especially difficult?

2) Is there anything that precludes writing a module in another language,
say gnat/Ada. It uses the gcc compiler system, so I would assume all the
object formats are compatable.

I always try to ask my questions in a small domain first, just to make
sure someone down the block doesn't know about it already. ALE is great!

Brad

--
Brad Dixon
Georgia Tech Research Institute -- Atlanta, GA
bdixon at cmdl.gtri.gatech.edu