[ale] routed anyone?

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Thu Jan 23 17:30:54 EST 1997

On 23-Jan-97 George A. Nies wrote:
>Sooner or later everyone has to ask a question...
>
>At my office we plan to use two linux boxes for dns servers.  We are
>currently in the midst of a network upgrade, so dynamic routeing
>is a must.  The routed that comes with Slackware 3.0 does not
>behave properly.  It is adding host routes and deleteing the default
>route.  Does anyone out there have a working routed, or a better
>suggestion?
I've used routed before and it seemed to work great.  You might take a look at
gated.  I also have had that problem with our novell servers and I think it was
caused by not telling the default router about the routes provided by the
Novell servers.  Now our default router is configured with static routes so
this might not be the solution in your case.

E-Mail: David Hamm <dhamm at itserve.com>
Date: 23-Jan-97
Time: 17:30:54

This message was sent by XFMail