[ale] Problem creating /dev/<> and mount point for CD

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.abraxis.com
Thu Jan 2 21:35:44 EST 1997

}
}Warning:  long question for simple answer -- Sorry.
}
}Greetings --
}This ought to be a simple question, but I can't find the magic combination
}for linux 1.2.13 to recognize my new CD drive.  Here's what I've done,
}all in my old 1.2.13/a.out system:
}
}1) I installed a Mitsumi 8x IDE CD drive as "slave" device on 2nd IDE.

I was running 1.2.13, with my Mitsumi 2x, since upgraded to 2.0.26, but
I just replaced a Mitsumi 2x with a Mitsumi 8x slave on 2nd IDE.

ls -l /dev/hdd yields:

br-xr-xr-x   1 root     root      22,  64 Feb 27  1996 /dev/hdd

Entry in /etc/fstab is:

/dev/hdd       /cdrom    iso9660     user,ro

I can mount it with:

mount /cdrom

There's bit of an interesting approach to mounting the thing in
/etc/rc.d/rc.cdrom as follows:

MOUNTPOINT="/cdrom"