[ale] Linux as has-been OS <G>

tfreeman tfreeman at vnet.net
Thu Dec 4 10:18:23 EST 1997

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Dan Newcombe wrote:

> > Has Novell gotton their hands on Caldera also? Does anyone know the pro's and con's about Caldera vs RH?
>
> Caldera is built on top of Red Hat, and has some extra stuff on top of it,

The first release of Caldera was built on top of Red Hat. Since then, they
purchased an European distribution and are working with that. One friend
of mine opined some time ago that Caldera was distributing the best
Netware management system to date. I haven't asked since then, and things
may have changed.