[ale] windows 98 drags bhind as usuall.

Josh Murrah jmurrah at spaceghost.salug.org
Thu Aug 21 16:13:52 EDT 1997

I read the 'features' of windows '98 beta 2, and it seems that Microsoft
is struggling to catch up, as usuall.  Your your entertainment, I thought
I'd list a few 'leading features' that MS W98 has:

	1)  non-interactive disk defragmenting.
	2)  the ability to run programs at set times.
	3)  Capturing of GPFs (FirstAid has been doing this for years)
	4)  support of SCSI tape drives for MS backup.
	5)  scandisk after improper shutdown.
	6)  dynamicly changing resolutions (w/out having to reboot)
	7)  FAT32 (ok, it's still not much of an improvment, but ohwell)
	8)  advanced APM support (linux has had this for a while)
	9)  Multiple display support.  What a novel concept.
	10) Remote Access Server.  Wow, dialing into a win98 box seems
		scary to me.
	11) integrated internet shell.  Don't have a clue what this is
		about, but I figure linux HAS to have them beat on this one  :)
	12) multilink channel(serial load balancing)
	13) various IE browser things that netscape already does.
	14) personal web server.
	15) IP tunneling/encapsulation.
	16) NOOO!  a 'online services folder'.  AOL advertizements?
	17) scripting ability.
	18) better netware support

Hope you enjoyed.  The URL for the features page is :

	--> http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/info/memfeat.htm

Joshua Murrah, jmurrah at salug.org, http://www.salug.org/~jmurrah
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.