[ale] K6 running linux?

Dan Newcombe newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Aug 6 23:23:47 EDT 1997

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, gEary wrote:
>   Can anyone tell me if they have a K6 running
>  Linux and how well it compares to intel?  I

I think what you said is a general statement for any non-intel CPU'
s...the integer side of the CPU may be faster, but I don't think anyone
has come out with a floating point part that will beat a same speed intel.

If you're just gonna be using the computer for a server, then it shouldn't
matter - not much FPU needed to open a file and shove it onto the wire.
However, if you're gonna be doing modeling, etc...  it's probably still
worth it to go with Intel.

Dan Newcombe                                      newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
"The fool who escaped from paradise will look over his shoulders and cry...So
I'll hold my peace forever when you wear your bridal gown."   -Marillion