[ale] X frames

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Mon Oct 28 08:40:20 EST 1996

Matthew Avery enscribed thusly:

> Recently I've run into a couple of aps that don't put frames
> around child windows when I run them on the workstations and
> set the display back to my Linux machine.  Does anyone know
> where I can find some info about this.  I thought it might
> be some configuration setting in fvwm but I don't know where
> to start.  Thanks,

	That may or may not be configurable by the individual app.  That is
actually controlled by some option bits (MWM_FUNCTION_BORDER?) when creating
the child windows/widgets.  I don't BELIEVE you can override that from
the window manager or from a configuration file unless the app specifically
looks for that option somehow (generally a widget resource).  Most do not...

> -Matt-

> Matthew Avery
> ASE Technologies

	Mike