[ale] "at" question

Andy Grover agrover at emory.edu
Fri Oct 25 15:55:19 EDT 1996

I'm trying to whip something up in linux to act as an alarm clock, that
is, I specify a time, or an amount of time, and my computer starts beeping
when that time arrives.

What I've tried so far is writing a little program in C that beeps a lot,
and then using at to tell the pc when to execute it, but it's not working.
The at job is just disappearing off the at queue at the appointed time.

Is there an existing program to do this, or any ways to do it other than
writing a full-blown c or perl program?

Thanks, Andy

Andrew Grover      | Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.
agrover at emory.edu  |                                 - Pablo Picasso
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~agrover/