[ale] Diald, Networks, and Emacs

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 24 15:51:25 EDT 1996

hello,

 I'm currently trying to get diald working, but it seems that during the
process I've setup my box incorrectly.  It was at one point setup on the
network, and I don't think I've removed all the pieces of network info
out of the configuration files.  Well emacs and X windows now hangs when
I try to use them.  Has anyone had this problem before?  I can't even
^Z or ^C them.  I basically just become root and whack em.  What files do
I need to alter in order to setup the loop back 127.0.0.1 correctly.

thanks
charlie