[ale] h*lp me recompile HPFS module... (fwd)

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 14 19:41:38 EDT 1996

Hello,

I've got some data trapped in an HPFS partition that has it's dirty flag
checked. To recover it, I would like to mount it with a custom hpfs
module that has had the dirty flag check routine disabled. Nothing else
on that partition is important, and if it doesn't work it won't be the
end of me, so I am willing to take the risk of ignoring the dirty check bit.

I need help of someone who can a) comment out these lines:

        if (dubious && !nocheck)
                goto bail2;

and recompile the module for me, or b) someone who can walk me through
the process of recompiling just this module.

I downloaded the sources and read some HOWTO's, but I've had trouble
finding stuff that referred to modules and recompiling just one, and not
the whole enchilada.

Thanks for your help,

Brad

--
Brad Dixon
Georgia Tech Research Institute -- Atlanta, GA
bdixon at cmdl.gtri.gatech.edu