[ale] aha152x on 1.3.20

Steven A. DuChene sad at sduchene.mindspring.com
Tue May 28 23:24:27 EDT 1996

> I have compiled support for the aha152x card into my kernel.  I keep getting
> timeouts on each id.  I have nothing plugged into the card.  All I have is the
> card in the machine.  A friend of mine has the same card and it does not do this.
> it is a Adaptec 1510.  Does anybody know what could cause this?

Speaking of repeated questions :-) The answer is TERMINATION TERMINATION
TERMINATION! If you have nothing plugged into the card you most likely
have one or both ends of the SCSI bus unterminated. This is a BAD THING
as they say in the trade. On most internal SCSI device setups one of the
devices, usually the last one, is set to terminate the chain. Depending
on the card you may also need an external terminator.

--
Steven A. DuChene   Linux Weenie!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

		isollae - loneliness in the face of beauty
		    -- Sean Russell, "World Without End"