[ale] more memory, bigger swap?

Unix Guru Dude aka Linux Idiot geof at denali.is.net
Tue May 28 13:41:43 EDT 1996

I did not mean for this subject to turn into a discussion on the list.
I was looking for input (via email) regarding the validity of my post.

So far, I've heard enough to say that most folks thought the posting was
valid.  I did attempt to check out the HOWTO's for some information
regarding the sizing of swap.  I did not find anything that provided me
with a definitive answer.  I also think that the question of swap vs. RAM
is a good question to be answered by personal experience.

Now, I've also hear from a smaller portion of the list, that I have posted
things to the list, that, were probably not appropriate for the list or
problems I figured out shortly after posting by doing a bit of research
myself.  I must say, I agree with those opinions to some extent and I will
certainly think a second time before posting a question.

As far as the original respondents approach, I'm pretty thick skinned, so
I could really care less what he had to say or how he said it.  As far as
the questions surrounding my moniker of 'The Unix Guru Dude,' it's an old
nickname and although I may not live up to it, I retain it, because to some
persons, I am a 'Unix Guru.'  It actually comes from my experiences of
administration of UNIX boxes and extensive work with C and scripting languages
in the UNIX environment.

So, hopefully we can get on with the business at hand, sorry for the further
waste of band width.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....