[ale] I'm making errors with LILO

Zot O'Connor zot at crl.com
Thu May 23 13:52:29 EDT 1996

tfreeman wrote:

> I'm suspicious that the "other" suggestion is correct: lilo doesn't
> handle big disk partitions well. I may try and repartition this weekend,
> but I'm not looking forward to reconfiguring _everything_ with a full
> re-install. I may need to find a non-lilo way to bring this puppy up as a
> linux box.

There is really good odcumentation in
/usr/lib/lilo/doc/README

I finnally read it all recently and it explains the whole
big disk thing well.  Previously I just skipped over it looking
for the LI explanations.

You do need to do something special for big disks, big disks being
4 gig and more I believe

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com