[ale] re: pre2 compile

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon May 20 20:26:17 EDT 1996

I've just miserably failed to compile a pre2.0.5 kernel with the following
errors:

cc1: Invalid option `align-loops=2'
cc1: Invalid option `align-jumps=2'
cc1: Invalid option `align-functions=2'
make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1

These puppies are being passed as '-malign-loops=2' .... during compile.
I don't know if these are parameters being passed to a '-m' flag or if
these are supposed to be flags themselves.

I've checked out the gcc man page and the docs that came with the source
but I'm still totally lost.  Anyone have any pointers, a tease from a sick
mind would be acceptable at this point....

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....