[ale] shared swap file?

tony mancill tmancill at atlanta.com
Fri May 17 07:19:46 EDT 1996

On Thu, 16 May 1996, Unix Guru Dude wrote:

> I've been thinking of creating a new Linux environment on a spare 300
> meg slice I have left in order to take a look at the pre2.0 kernel stuff.
> Does anyone see a problem with using the same swap partition for both of
> my Linux environments?

Works great for me.  And try doing that with Windoze-NT...  (not trying
to start a flame war, just remember someone having lots-o-problems @ work
trying to restore a crashed NT-server system because it thought that there
was a filesystem of some kind on its swap.)

tmancill at atlanta.com		|  "...an ounce of perception,
	Veni, Vidi, Dolavi...	|      a pound of obscure..."  (Neil Peart)