[ale] DNS problems

Eric eric at uxeric.compgen.com
Fri May 3 08:14:45 EDT 1996

I'm sorry Andy, I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to
point out to other folks that there are practical reasons for wanting your
own DNS server on a serial connection, especially when this serial
connection is not your home machine, but the gateway to the internet for
an office lan.   If you want the flexibility to be able to manage your
own hosts w/o contacting your ISP each time, there's really no alternative.

Later,
-Eric.