[ale] AMD 5X86 chips...

David Chow dchow at www.ttk.com
Wed May 1 20:42:46 EDT 1996

And AMD486DX2-80 is a clock doubled chip.  This means your base speed
is 50 mhz.  Many cards will not work with a 50mhz bus (unless you put in
a VLB wait of 1 or 2).   In my experience, the 33 mhz is the most stable
bus speed.

If I remember right, a AMD486DX4-100 (clock tripled 33mhz) runs comparable
to a P-60.  I would say your chip (clock doubled 50 mhz) would be a bit
faster than the dx4-100.

Now, what I would like to know is, how does a
AMD486DX4-120 (clock tripled 40 mhz) compare to vernard's
AMD5x86-133 (clock quadrupled 33mhz)?

dave

--
David Chow
Triad Technologies Inc, Norcross Georgia, 30071
Internet:  dchow at ttk.com  chow at cc.gatech.edu