[ale] Directions to Emory University

Dan Newcombe newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu
Fri Jun 28 10:41:16 EDT 1996

Despite attempts by Eric to keep me wandering about Decatur all night,
I have found directions to Emory from their web site (on the button
labeled Practical Information for Visitors)  Hopefully this will help
people out.

One of these days I'll drop Eric off in the middle of New York City
with one subway token and have my revenge :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

By Car

If you are driving to Emory from the north on I-85, take the Clairmont
Road exit (#32). Turn left on Clairmont Road and follow it approximately
three miles to North Decatur Road. Turn west (right) and follow North
Decatur Road approximately one mile to the Emory campus. At the Oxford
Road traffic light turn right through the main gates of the campus.

Approaching Emory from the east or west via I-20, take the Moreland
Avenue North exit. Turn north on Moreland Avenue and follow it
approximately three miles, at which point it becomes Briarcliff Road.
Continue straight on Briarcliff Road approximately two miles to North
Decatur Road. Turn east (right) and follow North Decatur Road one mile
to the Oxford Road intersection. Turn left through the main gates of the
University.

Hartsfield International Airport is located in the southwest section of
the city, approximately twenty-five minutes from the Emory University
campus. Visitors driving from the airport should take I-85 North to
Atlanta to the Freedom Parkway/Carter Center exit (#96). Freedom Parkway
will split. Veer to the right at the split and Freedom Parkway dead ends
at Moreland Avenue. Turn left on Moreland, which becomes Briarcliff Road
when it crosses Ponce de Leon Avenue. Go approximately two miles to
North Decatur Road. Turn east (right) and follow North Decatur Road one
mile to the Oxford Road intersection. Turn left through the main gates
of the University.

-=-=-=-=
It looks like (from the online map) that once you get in the main
gates, you stay on Dowman? road, and White hall will be on your right.
(http://www.emory.edu/MAP/central.html)

	-Dan

--
Dan Newcombe - Clayton State College - User Services - 770-961-3421
newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu  http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/home/dan/