[ale] compiling 2.0 w/ gcc 2.6.3

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Fri Jun 21 11:29:32 EDT 1996

Charles Hubbard asked:
> I'm currently trying to compile the kernel (2.0) with gcc 2.6.3 and ELF
> support.  The only problem is that gcc is a.out by default, and I'm trying
> to modify the Makefile so that it will create the kernel with ELF.   However,
> I can't find the option that I need to set.  Does anyone know what that might
> be for gcc and ld?  And why aren't there any man pages for ld?

You will not be able to do this. GCC-2.6.3 is an a.out compiler only.
To compile ELF stuff you need GCC-2.7.X

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.